Thursday, June 26, 2014

Needles and Thread

I'm so sad. Today is the second to last day of the YWiC camps =(  It's kinda a depressing thought. I love the YWiC atmosphere, and it's my home away from home...

Ok, enough depresssing thoughts! I will make the best of it! So, silver lining....hmmmmm....Oh! I know! I got to make an awesome bag that plays the theme from The Big Bang Theory; I got to know Elena and Elisa Davidson more (which was pretty awesome. I've know of them since I started 4-H, and I always wanted to talk to them...) Anwho, silver linings are pretty good at combating my sadness. I'm glad I got to participate.

So, today we started with the morning activity, which was this game where we each got a card and had to keep it on our forehead. Then we had to go around and ask people yes or no questions to figure out who we were. It was very funny, because some people would drop big hints and some of the girls still didn't get it. Then we went inside and jumped right into Python. It was kinda boring, but I think that's because I romanticized the notion of programming in Python since I went to the 2012 summer camp.

After Python, we got started on Greenfoot. As much as I hate to admit it, I actually really enjoyed programming in it. I love the fact that you can just copy and paste and make it work. And then it was lunch!

I'm running out of time to blog, so I shall do the prompt. If I were locked in a store, I would want it to be Barnes and Noble, so that I could read and drink smoothies. That would be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment